Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The social networking dilemna

So...there is all this pressure for a business or a person to join the social networking craze. Become part of the Twitterverse they say! Please like me on Facebook!

I wouldn't say I bucked the pressure. I just wanted to make sure when we did it, it wouldn't be a flash in the pan. Our material girl customers really seem to be a special group of ladies AND many men who really love their ladies. You congratulate each other when someone else wins, you congratulate me when Braden reaches a milestone, and you make it easy for our staff to work harder to make you even happier.

I run our businesss the same way I run my life...I do the right things for the right people for the right reasons (no, I didn't coin that). But in a world of instant gratification where you can get a lot of the same products from different people, there is one thing that can set you apart...It's the relationship by a country mile. But it has to be established the right way, just like I expect my daughter's (if I have one) boyfriend to shake my hand when he meets me, keep his hat on straight, and not spend more than 10 seconds in my driveway after he drops her off on their and her first date (when she is 34). I make myself accessible for a reason and that is because I truly want to know you AND I want you to feel comfortable asking us for anything. Your business helps my family, pays my employees and supports the economy. I want you to feel good about that and knowing me, my family, my staff, and my business can make you feel even better about your shopping experience and truly show you how valued you are.....you aren't just an open ended credit card or a $20 bill. We love to hear from you and thus the Social Networking has fed my appetite for an even greater relationship with our customers.

Everyone is different, so we know Facebook might not be for you, Twitter may be a 140 character waste of time, and email may be used "for business purposes only". So here is what Material Girl is all about, use any and/or all of it to your advantage and regardless of what you participate in, know that we absolutely appreciate you!

Blog: materialgirlinc.blogspot.com - This is our blog. We use this to talk about whatever we want and whatever you want. Start from the beginning of our blogs if you have a few minutes and you'll get a feel for it. You'll hear from me, Erica, and our employees. The blog is for those who want to be a part of Material Girl for more than just a place to get a great handbag or accessory.

Facebook: Our Material Girl Fan Page is for everthing, communication with each other, giveaways, instant information, fun, get you through the day, chatting, liking, and all that is Facebook.

Website: www.materialgirlinc.com - Our international website for shopping our major lines. It's full of pure yumminess!

www.materialgirlomaha.com - Our local website for customers who are able to come in to our physical boutiques in Omaha, NE. Currently under construction, we encourage everyone to visit here as well to truly be in the know about Material Girl.

Twitter: @materialgirlNE - 140 characters about what's up, maybe the UPS lady just dropped off a shipment of Harvey's or rain just started to leak through the ceiling.

Lastly, since this is our blog, please follow us. Let us know what's on your mind and we'll tell you our thoughts, opinions, give you heads up to cool products, and even share our recipe for amazing grilled coconut shrimp. Most importantly, we can guarantee that if you decide to give up a couple minutes here and there to read our blog, we'll make sure you don't regret it.

Most very sincerely appreciatively fashionably yours,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment