Thursday, July 15, 2010

All Things Kate: Simple Compliments

I love it when a day starts just like any other and then someone gives you a compliment and your day goes from good to great in an instant!


That happened to me this morning and I would just like to thank the wonderful Target employee who gave me a compliment about my outfit....from across the store. You totally made my day and I definitely appreciated the shout out as other customers were walking by...I'm sure they totally agreed with you, but just didn't say anything. :)
After stopping into the Starbucks, I felt even better because the baristas were so friendly. I don't know if they really love their jobs or if it's the caffiene, but they were so freakin' happy! It's safe to say I walked out of Target with a smile on my face.


I try to compliment people on their outfits, accessories, hair, whatever, as much as I can...even complete strangers. Sometimes I feel a little silly, but I hope that deep down I made them smile.


So what about you? How do you feel about receiving compliments? Do you feel silly giving complete strangers compliments? Don't! You could be making someone's day that much brighter!


3 comments: